Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The phone rings

So, I sent a message via facebook to the person that i believed to be my birthmother a week ago. I didn't expect to hear anything for a while so I tried not to think about/stress about it. Then on Friday evening I got a few very interesting things. 1) a friend request on facebook for the person I sent the note to (stating it was her sister) 2) a friend request from her sister 3) a message from her sister. This was all crazy to process! I was excited, anxious, nervous. I sent messages back and forth with her sister on Friday, it was really exciting to figure out that I found the right person and that at the very least one of her family members was willing to talk to me. Then on Saturday morning I got a call from a number I didn't recognize, it was my birthmother!!!! We talked for 2 hours. It was so amazing, she was so at ease and willing to talk to me. the door is open. I can contact her with any questions I have and if I want to get to know her more I can. Out of respect for the amazing phone call and for her and her family I am not going to give names or go into detail. However, when I got off the phone it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. It was crazy. I thought that talking to her would completely change my world. Instead it felt like the last piece to a puzzle sliding into place. I didn't cry after we hung up, I didn't sit in a stupor, I wasn't depressed, I was still me and I think that is why the weight was lifted. I was so scared that a message or phone call would be so life altering or completely change me that when it didn't I was relieved. She didn't slam the door in my face, but she also didn't ask me to call her mom or come visit her tomorrow. I am still me. I am thinking of more question to ask her all the time, some serious and some silly. All in all it was an amazing weekend and I am excited to continue to get to know her and her family. I have decided to take one hurdle at a time and wait to find my birthfather. It will come in its own time. Keep me in your prayers as I am still processing all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment