Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Attempted contact

So I took the next step. I attempted to contact my birthfather on 2/11/11. I sent him a similar message as I did to my birthmother. To date I have not received a response. After a week I felt sad, now it is what it is. I don't need him, I have a daddy. I just wanted information. I am okay with him not contacting me back. Before I started this process I was sure that if one or neither of my birthparents wanted to talk to me I would be destroyed and crushed, but I'm not. I realize now that this process has made me stronger. I now reach out and talk more with my dad and stepmom (still hate that term). I am happy, I am healthy, and I am loved, what more could I want or need.
In other news, one of my birthmother's sister (still not sure what to call them) is coming to Nashville this summer and she wants to meet me!!! Insane. I am excited and nervous. What do I say, what do I do when I meet her? Do we shake hands, do we hug? What do I call her? Is this better in public or private? So many questions going through my head. Sometimes they are overwhelming and then I remember that it is still a ways off and that it will be natural, what will be will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment